Global Diversity and Inclusion Benchmarking is a tool for helping organisations determine strategy and measure progress in managing diversity and fostering inclusion.
Benchmarking is the process of comparing your organisation to other organisations that are regarded as having successfully accomplished what your organisation wants to achieve.
The overall objective of the benchmarks is to help ensure that diversity and inclusion work is done at the highest quality level possible.
Benchmarks are usually described in language stated as an end result or outcome. They help people in organisations identify and describe high-quality results or aspirations. In a new field like diversity and inclusion, it is important to develop benchmarks since there can be a wide range in what people consider to be excellent work.
Global Diversity and Inclusion Benchmarks
- Vision, Strategy and Business Case
- Leadership and Accountability
- Infrastructure and Implementation
- Recruitment, Development and Advancement
- Job Design, Classification and Compensation
- Benefits, Work-Life and Flexibility
- Education and Training
- Assessment, Measurement and Research
- Community, Government Relations and Social Responsibility
- Supplier Diversity
- Products and Services Development
- Marketing, Sales, Distribution and Customer Service